Sometimes logging into http://tplinkrepeater.net or 192.168.0.254 setup page could be a headache because of numerous reasons. Sometimes it could be a simple problem that is your computer is not connected to TP-Link Extender in the WIFI settings or your device might have an alternate internet connection.
Cause 1: If Your Device Is Not Connected With TP-Link_EXT
Solution: If you want to access TP-Link extender login then your device must be connected to the default SSID (Network Name) of your TP-Link extender which is TP-Link_EXT. Otherwise, you will not be able to access the login page. Once your device (Computer or Phone) is connected to the TP-Link_EXT then you can open the browser and simply type tplinkrepeater.net or 192.168.0.254 to log in on the TP-Link extender setup page.
Cause 2: If Your Device Is Connected With TP-Link_EXT And Still Not Able To Access The Login Page
Solution: This situation occurs when your device is connected with any other source of the internet. Such as mobile data and ethernet connection with computers or laptops. Make sure your mobile data remain to turn off if you are using the phone. If is there any ethernet cable connected to the computer make sure to disconnect that cable. Once, you have disconnected your device from any other source of internet connectivity. Then you can open the browser and try to access http://tplinkrepeater.net or 192.168.0.254
Cause 3: TPExtender Is Not Connected With Ethernet Cable
Solution: If you are not able to access the web URL with a wireless connection then you can connect an Ethernet cable to your computer and extender. Then, open the browser and type web URL or IP address 192.168.0.254.
Sometimes, when we try to do it with Ethernet cable. It doesn’t obtain an IP address automatically. In that case, we need to assign an IP address and DNS manually to the LAN connection.
Follow the steps below to manually assign an IP address and DNS server:-
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard. It will prompt the RUN box. If it doesn’t work this way, simply press, WINDOWS key and start typing RUN and click on ENTER.
- Now, in a RUN box, type ncpa.cpl and click on OK or press the ENTER key.
- Now, right-click on Ethernet connection or LAN connection. Then, click on Properties.
- Select, Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- Now, click on Use the following IP address and Use the following DNS server addresses. And fill the values as shown in the image below. In Default gateway type default IP address of your Router 192.168.0.254. Then, click on OK.
Cause 4: Device Is Directly Connected With tplinkrepeater But The Local DNS Cache Needs To Be Flushed
Solution: Follow the steps below to flush DNS:
- Disconnect your device from the extender and reconnect it. And wait for several seconds so that the devices can renew their IP.
- Click on the WINDOW key and type cmd then, click on Run as administrator.
- Type the command ipconfig /flushdns.4. For mobile phones and tablets the easiest way to reset the local DNS cache is performing a power cycle. Moreover, if you already tried the instructions above and still not able to access the page. Then, try to reboot your modem, router, and extender. And you can try to reset your extender as well. After, rebooting or resetting, try to access the http://tplinkrepeater.net or 192.168.0.254.