TP-Link TL-WA850RE is an N300 extender with a compact design that makes it easier to use in a small space. It works smoothly with all the routers. One ethernet port lets you connect your computer directly with an ethernet cable. Smart LED indicators show signal strength so you can place them accordingly. Easy setup makes it plug and play device that is capable to support multiple devices at the same time.
TP-Link TL-WA850RE setup with tplinkrepeater.net
Follow the instructions down below to connect your TP-Link TL-WA850RE extender with the web page:
- Unbox the extender and then find a power outlet close to your router.
- Plug your extender to the power and wait for the power LED to turn on.
- Restart your router and computer before you begin with the setup process.
- After restart, open a web browser on the computer.
- Type tplinkrepeater.net or 192.168.0.254 on the web browser.
- It should take you to the setup page.
- Create your login credentials. Note: Please save these credentials somewhere because you would need these in the future in case you would like to change some settings on the extender.
- Select your WIFI on the next page from the scanned WIFI networks.
- After selecting the WIFI, please type your password for the WIFI.
- If you would like to change the WIFI settings of your extender, you can change these settings on this page.
- After clicking next it will reboot your extender once.
- Now your extender is connected to the router.
- Connect any WIFI device to it and check if you’re getting internet on it.
- If the internet is working on the extender you should move your extender.
- Once moved check if the internet is still working on this extender.
Congratulations you’ve successfully connected your extender to the wireless router and it is ready to serve you for a better internet connection.
Extender setup with WPS
Follow the instructions below for the WPS setup:
- First of all, unbox your extender.
- Find the best place to plug your extender.
- Plug your extender into the power.
- After plugging the extender into the power wait for the solid light on the power.
- Check if your router supports WIFI Protected Setup or WPS.
- Push the WPS button on your extender.
- Within 2 minutes push the WPS button on your router as well.
- WPS light starts blinking.
- After 2 minutes light will turn solid.
- Connect your device to the extenders WIFI network.
- It is ready to move to your desired location.
Congratulations your extender is now connected to the router and ready to serve you. If this method did not work for you, perhaps you can try to perform a factory reset on the extender.
How to factory reset TP-Link TL-WA850RE?
In case the steps given above did not work for you perhaps you can try to reset your extender to the factory settings. Follow the instructions below to perform a factory reset on the extender:
- Plug your extender to the power and wait for the solid light.
- Find the factory reset button on the extender.
- Look for a paperclip or something pointy enough to fit into the reset hole.
- Push the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the light to turn solid again.
- Your extender is now reset to the factory settings.
How to change the WIFI password on TP-Link TL-WA850RE
In case your extender suddenly starts giving you slow speed and other internet-related issues. You might have connected too many devices to it or some of your neighbors might have connected their devices to the network.
In this situation there are 2 things that can be done first is to change the WIFI password for your extender only or reset your extender to the factory settings and reconnect to the router.
In order to change WIFI password on the extender follow the instructions down below:
- Keep your extender and router plugged into the power throughout this process.
- Find IP address for your router. The IP address for the router could be something like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- Open your web browser and type your router’s IP address on the browser.
- Type username and password to log in to your router.
- After logging in find the connected devices section on the router.
- Look for a TP-link extender in the connected device section.
- Check out the IP address for the TP-Link device.
- Type TP-Link IP address in the web browser.
- Type admin username and password to log in to this page.
- Open WIFI settings and change the WIFI password in this section.
- Save settings after changing the password.
- Try to connect your wireless devices to the extender using new password.