TP-Link RE300 extender is a dual-band mesh WIFI extender. Mesh WIFI gives you the freedom to move around your home without worrying about connection drops. It lets your devices choose which WIFI is best for them. Seamlessly switch between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz for stable wireless connection. LED indicator helps you decide the best place for your extender.
TP-Link RE300 extender setup with tplinkrepeater.net
As we discussed already that setting up TP-Link RE300 is easy if you do it right. There are several methods to set up this extender and the first of them, all is to set it up with the tplinkrepeater.net. Follow the instructions below to set up with tplinkrepeater.net.
- Open the box of your extender takes the contents out of it.
- Plug your extender into the power.
- Wait for the solid light on the power.
- Now gather information about your WIFI.
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Type tplinkrepeater.net or 192.168.0.254 in the web bar of your browser.
- Create a username and password for the extender login.
- On the next screen choose your wireless network.
- Type network security key or WIFI password of your wifi.
- Click next and choose the name of your extended WIFI.
- When you get to the next screen check out the light status on your extender.
- Now your extender is connected to the router.
- Connect one of your wireless devices to your extended WIFI.
- After connecting a device please check if you’re able to browse the internet on your wireless device.
- If the internet is working that means your extender is ready to move.
- Unplug your extender and move it to your desired location or halfway between the dead spot and the router.
- Check the internet connection after moving to another location.
Congratulations your extender is ready to use and is connected to your wireless router. Incase you feel like your extender is not reaching the dead spot properly you can try to move it little bit closer to the dead spot.
RE300 extender setup with WPS
In case the web browser method did not work for your extender, you can try to connect your extender using your WPS method as well. Follow the instructions below for the WPS method:
- Place your extender in close proximity to your router.
- Wait for the solid light on the power to turn on.
- Now check if your router supports WPS or not.
- If yes, push the WPS button on your extender.
- Within 2 minutes push the WPS button on your router as well.
- The WPS light should start blinking on the extender and the router.
- After 1 minuter the WPS light should to solid.
- It means the tp-link re300 extender is connected to the router.
- Connect one of your wireless devices to the extended wifi.
- Check if you’re getting internet on it.
- If yes, your extender is ready to move to your desired location.
- After moving it check if you’re still getting internet on the extended WIFI.
Congratulation your extender is now connected to your wireless router and ready to use. Incase the aforesaid methods did not work for you. Perhaps you can try to reset your extender to the factory settings.
Factory Reset on TP-Link RE300
Follow the instructions down below for the factory reset on the TP-Link RE300 extender.
- Plug your extender to the power.
- Wait for the solid light to turn on the power.
- Now get a paper clip.
- Locate the factory reset button on the extender.
- Push the factory reset button on the extender.
- Hold the reset button for 7 to 10 seconds.
- The power light will blink for some time.
- After this process, your extender should be reset to the factory settings.
Now your extender is reset to the factory settings.