TP-Link extender setup using WPS is by far the easiest method to connect the extender to the existing wireless router. It takes about only 2 minutes if you do it right.
For the WPS setup you would need to make sure that:
- Your router supports WPS
- Your extender is in the initial stage
- The extender is within 10 feet of the router
- The extender is plugged in and has a solid light for the power
TP-Link Extender Setup using WPS Button
Follow the steps below for the TP-Link extender setup using WPS button:
- Unbox your extender and plug it into the power outlet.
- Wait for the power LED to turn on.
- Check if your router supports the WPS process.
- Push the WPS button on the extender.
- The WPS Led will start blinking and wait for it to turn solid.
- When you have the solid light on the extender your extender is ready.
- Now connect a wireless device to your extender
- Use the same WIFI password for the extender.
- When your device is connected check the internet connection.
- Now unplug your extender and move it to the place where you want to use your extender.
- Connect your wireless device again to check the internet connection.
Congratulations you’ve successfully connected your extender to the router and it is ready to use. In case if you face any other issues you can try to reset this extender to the factory settings.
How to factory reset extender
In case if the steps given above did not work for you, perhaps you can try resetting your extender to the factory settings.
- First please locate a paperclip
- Make sure your extender stays plugged during this process.
- Locate the factory reset button on your extender.
- Push the reset button for 10 seconds with the paperclip.
- The power light will blink for some time.
- You’ll get the solid light on the power after some time.
After resetting your extender to the factory settings you can try to follow the given WPS steps for the setup.