Time needed: 10 minutes.
User can easily access http://tplinkrepeater.net if he follows the instructions carefully. More than, following the instructions user needs to make sure of a few scenarios. By considering these scenarios, the user will be able to login to http://tplinkrepeater.net.
Here are some scenarios that the user needs to consider:
- If your extender is old make sure you will reset your TP-Link Extender to factory default settings.
In order to reset your extender, you need to use a paperclip and insert it in a reset hole, hold it for about 10-15 seconds then take it out. Your TP-Link Extender should be in the power outlet while doing this. Once done, your extender will be reset to factory default settings.
If you are not sure, is your TP-Link Extender reset or not?. To check about this, open Settings on your phone and go to the wifi connections. If you are able to see under wifi connections, it means your extender is reset. If not, then repeat the process.
- Your extender is not connected with extender’s default network (TP-Link_Extender).
Sometimes the user makes a mistake, he doesn’t connect his device (mobile, laptop, etc.) with the extender’s default network (TP-Link_Extender). And he starts entering, http://tplinkrepeater.net URL in the browser and gets an error message instead of the login window.
So, always keep in mind that the device should connect to .
- Reboot your modem and router.
It is always a good practice, to reboot your modem and router before starting the setup.
In case, if you are not able to access the URL but you are following the correct instructions. Then, reboot your modem and router and repeat the procedure.
- Entering the http://tplinkrepeater.net URL in the Search Bar not in the Address Bar.
Most of the Users enter the URL in the search bar, not in the address bar. It could be the reason too, not getting the setup page. It is always recommended to type http://tplinnkrepeater.net or 192.168.0.254 in the address bar, not in the search bar.
Setup Your Extender With http://tplinkrepeater.net
Considering the four different scenarios explained above. Now, it is very easy to set up your TP-Link extender.
- Plug your extender into the power outlet.
- Now, open the wifi setting on your phone or computer and connect with the extender’s default network TP-Link_Extender.
- Then, Open any browser on your device such as chrome, safari, firefox, edge, etc., and type the web URL http://tplinkrepeater.net in the address bar.
- It will take you to the login screen of your extender and create your login password for future login.
- Now, it will prompt you to the next screen where you need to select the Network that you want to extend. So, select your network.
- The next step would be to enter the wifi password. So, enter your router’s wifi password and click on next.
- It will take about 1 – 2 minutes for configuration.
- Once configured, you can connect your devices and enjoy the wifi signals in the dead zone of your house.
How Can User Check is Extender Configured or Not?
There are two easy methods you can check wheater your extender is working or not.
- It is easy to check the working status with lights but every extender has a light on your extender. It means your TP-Link Extender is connected to the router.
- The second way is to open wifi settings on your devices such as a phone or computer. You will get a network name that is similar to your router’s network name but followed by . For Example; Let suppose “ ” is your regular wifi. So, Extender’s wifi will be “ “.
If this article was helpful to let us know in the comments or if you are still facing any issues while setting up your device tell us in a comment and will help you to get that resolved.