This is the most common issue that comes while doing the tplink extender setup. After configuring the extender successfully, when user tries to connect his device. It says No Internet on the device, device connects but it doesn’t receive internet from tplink wifi extender.
Well, there could be many reasons, you are facing this issue. Following are the reasons:
- Firmware Issue
- Did not Reboot modem and router.
- The extender did not obtain an IP address.
Step-By-Step instructions to fix No Internet Issue on Extender
Sometimes if your extener does not have latest firmware on it, so it does not receive an internet from router. To fix this issue, you need to update firmware on tplink extedner.
If you don’t know how to update firmware on tplink extender refer to article – How to update firmware on tplink extender?
After updating the firmware, try to connect your device once again. Still, it does not fix an issue then reset your tplink extender and try to configure it again or try to update the firmware of your router as well.
Reboot Modem and Router:
This is also one of the reason that we are getting No Interent on extender. It happens when we do not reboot the modem and router before doing the setup. In most of the cases “No Interent” issue get resolved by rebooting the modem and router. It is a good practice to reboot the modem and router when you are setting up your extender first time.
In case, your extender was working fine previously and now it is not. Then, reset your tplink extender and repeat the setup process.
The extender is not obtaing an IP address:
If this is the case, it can be fixed by rebooting the modem and router. If it deos not help, then use an ethernet cable and connect the cable between computer and extender. After connecting the cable you need to assign the IP manually.
If you do not know how to assign IP manually. Follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard. It will prompt the RUN box. If it doesn’t work this way, simply press, WINDOWS key and start typing RUN and click on ENTER.
- Now, in a RUN box, type ncpa.cpl and click on OK or press the ENTER key.
- Now, right-click on Ethernet connection or LAN connection. Then, click on Properties.
- Select, Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- Now, click on Use the following IP address and Use the following DNS server addresses. And fill the values as shown in the image below. In Default gateway type default IP address of your Router 192.168.0.254. Then, click on OK.